- About Us
- Courses & Events
- Join Now!
You are hereHome ›
Find a Green Manufacturer - Eangee Home Design
eangee home design is dedicated to the value of sustainable and fair trade practices. we pride ourselves in our consistent search for better, more renewable and lower impact materials while ensuring the people who make our products receive living wages and work in a dignified environment.
Products & Materials Manufactured
Standard Best Practices
- We pay a living wage rather than minimum wage & we extend that around the globe: Yes
- We have a written Social Equity Code of Conduct as a baseline for employee relations: No
- We have written and distributed a Supplier Equity Code of Conduct for our vendors and conduct training at our partner facilities on the adoption of same: No
- We and our partners meet or exceed all local health and safety codes and can document our health and safety working conditions in all our facilities/stores: Yes
- We have participated in or sponsored in-store, community and/or regional educational events on sustainability and the environment: Yes
- We investigate and mitigate any negative environmental impacts from our operations: Yes
- We regularly ask for verifiable chain of custody documents (legal logging certifications) before buying wood products: Yes
- We are eliminating unsustainable virgin materials from our product offerings while increasing our percents to total of rapidly renewable resources, reused/reclaimed components and recycled content. We factor disassembly, recyclability and product reclamation into buying decisions: Yes
- We have decreased our use/acceptance of known toxic chemicals for treatments, binders and finishes, replacing compounds that harm indoor air quality and are carcinogenic: Yes
- We are asking our vendors for organic cotton in place of conventionally-grown cotton and for textiles that are Oeko-Tex certified: No
- We are getting quotes on doing a Life Cycle Analysis and/or are applying for SMaRT certification: No
- We extract, manufacture and distribute for consumer use within a 500 mile radius for at least a portion of our product line: No
- We offer a product reclamation/product reuse policy: Yes
- We use recycled or recyclable packing/packaging materials, offer blanket-wrap transportation arrangements for customers and have a carton return/reuse policy: No
- We hold third party certifications for some of our products/as a store, we promote and educate the consumer on the meaning of various third party certifications: No
- We take responsibility for sharing our commitment to sustainability up and down our entire supply chain, rewarding our vendors with increased business for partnering with us on this path to sustainability: Yes
- We save reams of paper with our policy expressing an aversion to excess written documentation: Yes
- We have had an energy specialist/utility company audit to measure our conventional energy usage and are on track to reduce it, replacing a portion with certified renewable energy, either directly or by contacting Green e-Power: No
- We have replaced outdated and inefficient equipment, identified and changed wasteful resource procedures and implemented tighter operational controls: Yes
- We have increased the use of daylighting and instituted a fluorescent bulb exchange policy for direct cost savings: Yes
- We make only verifiable sustainability claims in adherence with FTC mandates against greenwash and in support of their Environmental Marketing Guides. Authenticity and adoption of one credible standard reduces confusion in the marketplace, driving sales: Yes
- We conduct training in-house and in the broader community about global climate change and our partnership with the SFC: Yes
- In keeping with our commitment to continual improvement, we are planning to take the following actions this year: On energy consumption: We warehouse out of an energy efficient building. The warehouse is kept at 60 degrees during the winter and warehouse uses natural ventilation during the summer. We have begun the process of plugging electronics into central surge protectors so that they can be disconnected in full when not in use. We allow everyone to work from home when possible to reduce fuel consumption.
- In keeping with our commitment to continual improvement, we are planning to take the following actions this year: On how we will manage our primary material or service to a more sustainable direction: We will obtain 75% of our packaging peanuts from a source that will provide pre-used, biodegradable peanuts. Our pottery now comes pre-packaged in recycled boxes so that we use no extra packaging when shipping from our warehouse.
- In keeping with our commitment to continual improvement, we are planning to take the following actions this year: On education and promotion of the sustainability cause: We place information on our website and to all our clients on sustainability and the use of compact florescent lighting. We also participate in an annual local fundraiser to fight the building of a road through sensitive wetlands.