- About Us
- Courses & Events
- Join Now!
You are hereHome ›
Find a Green Manufacturer - Dekayu
Dekayu creates beautiful green and eco-friendly serene environments. Our chic furniture includes case goods, upholstery and the ability to customize for your design needs.
Products & Materials Manufactured
Standard Best Practices
- We pay a living wage rather than minimum wage & we extend that around the globe: Yes
- We have a written Social Equity Code of Conduct as a baseline for employee relations: Yes
- We have written and distributed a Supplier Equity Code of Conduct for our vendors and conduct training at our partner facilities on the adoption of same: Yes
- We and our partners meet or exceed all local health and safety codes and can document our health and safety working conditions in all our facilities/stores: Yes
- We have participated in or sponsored in-store, community and/or regional educational events on sustainability and the environment: Yes
- We investigate and mitigate any negative environmental impacts from our operations: Yes
- We regularly ask for verifiable chain of custody documents (legal logging certifications) before buying wood products: Yes
- We are eliminating unsustainable virgin materials from our product offerings while increasing our percents to total of rapidly renewable resources, reused/reclaimed components and recycled content. We factor disassembly, recyclability and product reclamation into buying decisions: Yes
- We have decreased our use/acceptance of known toxic chemicals for treatments, binders and finishes, replacing compounds that harm indoor air quality and are carcinogenic: Yes
- We are asking our vendors for organic cotton in place of conventionally-grown cotton and for textiles that are Oeko-Tex certified: Yes
- We are getting quotes on doing a Life Cycle Analysis and/or are applying for SMaRT certification: N/A
- We extract, manufacture and distribute for consumer use within a 500 mile radius for at least a portion of our product line: Yes
- We offer a product reclamation/product reuse policy: Yes
- We use recycled or recyclable packing/packaging materials, offer blanket-wrap transportation arrangements for customers and have a carton return/reuse policy: Yes
- We hold third party certifications for some of our products/as a store, we promote and educate the consumer on the meaning of various third party certifications: No
- We take responsibility for sharing our commitment to sustainability up and down our entire supply chain, rewarding our vendors with increased business for partnering with us on this path to sustainability: Yes
- We save reams of paper with our policy expressing an aversion to excess written documentation: Yes
- We have had an energy specialist/utility company audit to measure our conventional energy usage and are on track to reduce it, replacing a portion with certified renewable energy, either directly or by contacting Green e-Power: No
- We have replaced outdated and inefficient equipment, identified and changed wasteful resource procedures and implemented tighter operational controls: Yes
- We have increased the use of daylighting and instituted a fluorescent bulb exchange policy for direct cost savings: Yes
- We make only verifiable sustainability claims in adherence with FTC mandates against greenwash and in support of their Environmental Marketing Guides. Authenticity and adoption of one credible standard reduces confusion in the marketplace, driving sales: N/A
- We conduct training in-house and in the broader community about global climate change and our partnership with the SFC: Yes
- In keeping with our commitment to continual improvement, we are planning to take the following actions this year: On energy consumption: 2013: In our showroom we use green energy efficient bulbs and in our factory in Indonesia we use very little machinery, mostly we use manual tools as most of our products are hand made ... and we also use the sun to dry our product as much as we can. 2012: in our showroom we us the fluorecent bulbs, and in our factory in inodesia we use very little machinary, we use manual or hand made to make our product ... and also use the sun to dry our product as much as we could
- In keeping with our commitment to continual improvement, we are planning to take the following actions this year: On how we will manage our primary material or service to a more sustainable direction: 2013: We created a line of green upholstered furniture based in California in order to reduce our carbon foot print and we use 90% green material.. such as FSC certified wood, and by using 100% latex instead of poly foam, organic cotton options etc. 2012: we cerated a line in of upholstered furniture that are made in los angeles california to reduce carbon foot print and use 90% green material.. like using fsc certified wood, and by using 100% latex instead of ply foam, organic cotton option etc.
- In keeping with our commitment to continual improvement, we are planning to take the following actions this year: On education and promotion of the sustainability cause: 2013: promotion of the sustainability cause: 2012: In our showroom 2 - 4 times a year we conduct a seminar open to architects, designers and also students to educate them about being green. Normally we partner with another company , for example Dwell Magazine had their editor talk about sustainability in our showroom. 2012: In our showroom 2 - 4 times a year we conduct a seminar open to architects and designer also students to educate them about being green. normally we partner with other company , for example dwell magazine and have their editor to talk about sustainability in our showroom.